Sunday, February 20, 2011

Everyone loves the Abbott

I had a great time in Cromwell, earning (modest) points in each event we entered.  Mostly, I was playing with Tony.

I also took the opportunity to pick up a couple of bridge books.  One of the Abbott series that I didn't already have is The Abbott's Great Sacrifice.  There are two wonderful quotes on the very same chapter which seem appropriate to your humble blogger.

"He's the editor of Bridge Magazine, isn't he," grunted the Abbott.  "If he was any good at playing the game, he would concentrate on that rather than writing about it."

...

"We needed a club lead, Abbott," said Brother Xavier.  "Four clubs was my bid, playing fit jumps, and then you'd have led a club.  You don't like to play them, of course."

Kim had a great time, advancing to the third round of the flight A KOs and playing Michael and Debbie Rosenberg, among other northeast experts.

No comments:

Post a Comment